CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Porter turns 2!

Porter's birthday was yesterday, the 9th. He turned two. Porter got a yummy breakfast of biscuits and gravy. He then got to open a present as I thought he could ride it at playgroup in the park but he is too short and can't reach the pedals on his new Big wheel. So his sister got to enjoy that instead at the park yesterday while he happily rode his trike. Oh well he got plenty of other stuff and he will soon enjoy it when he grows a few inches. (the box did say for ages 3-8 I guess that is why, even with the seat all the way up he isn't quite tall enough) After playgroup we went to the dollar store and he picked out a balloon (so did the girls) as he loves balloons. He of course picked a Mickey Mouse one. We were going to go to the Kroc center (a community center) to swim but it was closed for maintenance so we just hung out and ran some errands.
Porter got some dried corn for the sand turtle I bought earlier in the summer (we used it as a pool til now) instead of sand and a wheelbarrow of sand toys, which he loves.
Yes this picture was taken this morning as they love to play in their new stuff so much they didn't even get dressed before they were out in the corn.
Porter in one of his new birthday jammies, his favorite character Mickey Mouse.
Porter opening his BIG Wheel.
He also got from the dollar store a figurine of his other favorite characters, Woody and Buzz Lightyear.
Showing Eliana his presents.
Porter ready to blow out his candles.

The cake. It was an ice cream Oreo cake. The Oreo crumbs on top are in the shape of Mickey Mouse, well I tried. It tasted yummy! It was the first time I have made an ice cream cake.

Opening his big wheel that morning.

Porter got a ball from the girls. He also got an outfit and jammies from Grandma and Grandpa Strasser. Grandma and Grandpa Smith's gift will get here soon. I am grateful to have Porter as a part of our family. He is so much fun and such a joy in our lives. I still can't believe he is two already time sure flies. I will post more on updates probably within the week. Also Eliana will start school on Tuesday so will update on that too.

1 comments:

Christie said...

What a sweet little man! Happy late birthday, Porter! And I thought the Mickey Mouse cake looked great.