So I haven't been up to too much. Just the usual, being a mom and wife. David and I are primary CTR 7 teachers together in our ward now and that is fun, but crazy too. We are counting down the days until Porter goes into nursery as he is a crazy during church and the kids in our class just want to play with him. They have let us bring him in now for the last hour when we teach so that is nice. I swear they need a pre-nursery class because once they are moving around they disrupt class time so much. Just my opinion.
Mine newest thing for me is I have been doing the Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. This next info. is mainly for my future benefit so you don't need to read on. Since September I have lost 20 or so pounds. A couple of my friends and I did a "biggest loser" competition. The first 7 weeks we did it were from October 5 til November 24 and I lost 11 lbs. Then we made new goals when we got together to celebrate because we all met our goals. Since then I have lost 5 lbs, reaching my goal weight of 115! I say I have lost 20 or so lbs because I know I lost at least 4 or 5 lbs when I stopped nursing in September. I know I at least weighed 135 but didn't record it so I don't know exactly how much I lost then. I always lose as soon as I stop nursing, I am one of those who has a hard time losing all of the baby weight until then. I lose some but it is harder for me to lose all of it when I am nursing, don't get me wrong I will still do it and I love being able to even if I have to work very very hard and still have some weight to lose. I did bad with Porter too, because I gained too much with him, mainly because I don't get as sick with boys and I was actually pregnant before I completely weaned Kenzie. So I didn't get a chance to lose the last of my baby weight. Anyways, I feel amazing now. I have more self esteem, more control, more energy and just happier all around. I needed to say that so I know that in the future to motivate me to lose weight (when needed).
So people have been asking me what I have done and I might need to look back on this and do it in the future so here is what I have done:
I am doing a workout video called 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michael's which is awesome. It is only a 20 minute workout, but let me tell you it is intense. I practically die each time. I love it though because I have no excuse to why I don't have time for 20 minutes at least a few times a week. I try to do it everyday well except Sunday of course, but maybe miss a day or two. I haven't been the best with it but try hard to make time for it. Also it is easier to get 20 minutes in without being interrupted by my kids. (I like to do it before Porter wakes up in the morning, since it is easier to do it without him bugging me. The girls are usually doing it with me if they are awake or they can easily be busy for 20 minutes.)
I also dieted for a few weeks with Slimfast. I started doing Slimfast for breakfast, then a 100 calorie mid-morning snack, Slimfast for lunch with some fruit and maybe a little bit of what the kids had, then a 100 calorie afternoon snack, then a normal dinner, and then a 100 calorie evening snack. Now I was not super accurate on the calorie counting, but just guessed. My favorite snack I found was cashews, you get a pretty good handful and they seem to fill me up. That was how I started the diet, then after a couple of weeks I noticed that my stomach shrunk and I didn't need all those snacks or some days I would take out a Slimfast and just have a snack. Oh, I bought the Kirkland chocolate weight loss shakes from Costco that are equivalent to Slimfast, they are a good price ( I think) and yummy! I did have the powder stuff but didn't like it as much, so I ended up just buying the Costco stuff because it was easier and tastier. The rest of the time even when I didn't do the Slimfast diet I just watched what I ate and tried to limit my portions.
Another thing I did to help me limit my portions was tried to drink a whole glass of water before I ate so I felt more full because most of the time when you feel hungry you are really just dehydrated.
The thing that helped me the most was actually being in my flab to fab group where we log our weight and report to each other once a week. That makes you stick to your goals and not put it off. Now don't get me wrong I had plenty of cheat days, about once a week, and I enjoyed desserts just a bite or two when I dieted. But since the Christmas holidays I haven't been the best with my eating but I have lost the weight I gained from then and have maintained it so I guess as long as i keep up with my workouts I should be ok. I hope I can keep this off and when I do decide to have another baby I want to not gain that much and stay active so it isn't so hard to get it off again. Well for those of you who did read this I hope it wasn't too boring or anything, I just had to record it somewhere and since this is my journal for now I decided to post it.
Also here is my new ring I got for Christmas/ Anniversary. It replaced my old wedding ring. I love it so much!
Another view of the ring.

5 comments:
You and the ring are both BEAUTIFUL. :)
Congrats on the weight loss and pretty ring!
Congrats again! A 20 minute workout, yeah you could get away from your kids that long, but my problem is afteward when I am shaky and tired and irritable!! Its just so hard for me to get a real workout and be a mom too. So I get ten-minute mini workouts (squats, kickboxing, weights on my own) or DDR for a fun workout. Still I wish I had an hour at a gym to lift some real weights! I have no muscles at all...
Your blog entry made me want to start a regular workout routine. I have been such a slacker lately and I still have 10 pounds to get off. Thanks for the motivation.
Wow your ring is amazing. Great job on the weight loss. That is hard to be so disciplined. You are super amazing. I appreciated your comments about the support group I am sure that would really help.
Post a Comment