As mentioned before Kalli, my sister came to visit. She watched the kids Friday evening til Saturday afternoon while David and I had a night out (just to downtown Portland) but it was a lot of fun. It was really nice to get away for a night even if we were both pretty sick. In fact I was so sick we came home pretty early because I couldn't walk and just crashed. It was nice to have the help of Kalli while I was sick though even if she probably was bored. Anyways David and I ate at Old Town Pizza and went on a tour of "underground" Portland, it was pretty interesting to hear about the history of Portland and how evil it was (and still somewhat is, at least in the area we were in, wasn't the nicest.). We stayed in a hotel on the 14th floor in downtown Portland in a brand new hotel. We didn't pay too much and we learned why when we got to our room, don't get me wrong it was really nice, just we thought it would have a view but sure enough the view was straight at another building. If you looked at in angle out the window you could get a glimpse of downtown. It was a funny set up. The rooms with a better view must have been more $. Oh well. Then Saturday we went to the Saturday market and then shopped/walked downtown. We did a ton of walking which I think is what did it for me and I crashed because I had a terrible flu. I really appreciated having Kalli come and visit and babysit. The kids sure did have a great time and miss her terribly. While David and I were out one of the things Kalli did with the kiddos was take them to the park for a picnic. Here are some of the pictures she took of them then.








I just have to say Kalli loves to take pictures and I think she is an excellent photographer. I appreciate all your pictures Kalli. Love you! You will be an excellent missionary! Fiji, here she comes!




0 comments:
Post a Comment