Porter turned the big ONE yesterday. We didn't do much because he is just one and we are a little busy with moving and all. Also David had scouts last night so we did cake and ice cream after 8 which wasn't the best idea because Porter was pretty tired, as you might notice in the pictures. The girls had fun decorating Porter's birthday cake.

If you can't tell it is an ice cream cone. The frosting came out too runny so it didn't' turn out too well, but the girls enjoyed helping me decorate especially the cupcakes which are the different scoops of ice cream. I got this idea online and it said to do chocolate syrup and swirl it but the frosting was too runny and it just looked funny. It looked cool for a minute, but of course in the picture it just looks brown on the two cupcakes I did it to. Also I was too lazy to get out my cake decorating tools so I just did the lines on the cone with a rubber spatula, they are a little think but oh well. And my cute platter was packed so I had to use a cookie sheet instead. The cake online only used 6 scoops (cupcakes) and made two cones but my cake for the other cone fell apart so I did more scoops on this one.
Porter enjoyed us singing to him.

What did Daddy just do with that match?
Daddy just blew out the candle for me?
Opening gifts.
Eating a cupcake. He ate the frosting part and didn't want the rest once the frosting was gone on two different cupcakes. Already knows what is good I guess.
First time eating ice cream, well actually he has had it before but never fed himself.
Porter didn't like it. He licked it then tossed it on the floor. I gave him more and then he did the same thing.
The gifts all unwrapped. I think the girls love the train track/garage thingy more than Porter, well at least for now. But he loves the Little People tractor I got him to go w/ our farm set.
If you can't tell it is an ice cream cone. The frosting came out too runny so it didn't' turn out too well, but the girls enjoyed helping me decorate especially the cupcakes which are the different scoops of ice cream. I got this idea online and it said to do chocolate syrup and swirl it but the frosting was too runny and it just looked funny. It looked cool for a minute, but of course in the picture it just looks brown on the two cupcakes I did it to. Also I was too lazy to get out my cake decorating tools so I just did the lines on the cone with a rubber spatula, they are a little think but oh well. And my cute platter was packed so I had to use a cookie sheet instead. The cake online only used 6 scoops (cupcakes) and made two cones but my cake for the other cone fell apart so I did more scoops on this one.
What did Daddy just do with that match?
Daddy just blew out the candle for me?
Opening gifts.
First time eating ice cream, well actually he has had it before but never fed himself.
Porter didn't like it. He licked it then tossed it on the floor. I gave him more and then he did the same thing.
Happy Birthday to Porter! We love you so much and are grateful to have you as a part of this family. You are such a smart and fun little boy! We look forward to you getting older and changing even more.
I will post more about his developments and such later as we will find out his "stats" today after his one year checkup.
I will post more about his developments and such later as we will find out his "stats" today after his one year checkup.

1 comments:
Porter looks so much like a big boy in those pictures. He's darling! Happy Birthday Porter!
Post a Comment