

">
My family, the Smiths, came up from Las Vegas for a little visit back in June. That consists of my mom, dad, brother Parker, brother Mitch, and sister Kalli. (Unfortunately Kiffyn had EFY that week and that was the only week that worked for them so she will have to come up to visit later.) They were here June 17-20 and yes they drove the long long way here. I greatly appreciate their willingness to travel so far, because I am not willing to do any traveling right now. I am nervous to drive too far because of what happened when I was pregnant with Kenzie. (For those who don't know I basically went into labor at 34 1/2 weeks from what I believe was stress and travelling as we moved from Wisconsin back to Oregon. Luckily they were able to delay it 10 more days til I was 36 weeks because her lungs weren't fully developed when I went in. After 10 days of full bed rest in the hospital she was born and was healthy!) We did go some fun places and did fun things, but best of all we got to see each other and visit. I really do miss my family and fully enjoy our visits, however long they may be. Eliana just loves all of them and misses them greatly. Although her and Kenzie love being the only grandchildren so far, they would really love it if they had some cousins too. (No pressure on anyone, just saying)
Anyways, on one of the days they were here we went to the beautiful Oregon Coast. We took the scenic Hwy 101 and stopped all along the way from Lincoln City to Newport. They seemed to enjoy the scenery and we had a lot of fun. Eliana and Kenzie just love the beach and playing in the sand. My favorite things to do on the coast is to go to the candy shops and get salt water taffy. So of course we did that and we also ate at Mo's which has excellent (world famous) clam chowder.

0 comments:
Post a Comment